How do I create an activatable alarm in five steps?
After completing your data modifications, run a data export (icon at top right). Only when data export is completed will your data be available on the alarm servers for use in alarm activation.
STEP 1: CREATING DEVICES (min. 2)
- Open the menu of your FACT24 account and click Enterprise > Devices at the top. Click on the device you wish to add, e.g. "New telephone device".
- Enter a name for the telephone device in the "Name" field, e.g. "Company Landline".
> Now add a further device to improve reachability. To do this, repeat the instructions above.
STEP 2: CREATING PERSONS
- At the top of the menu navigation, go to Administration > Persons and click "New person".
- In Basic configurations, enter the first and last name of the person.
- To assign devices to this person, click "Devices" (step 3): Click "Assign" and select the required previously created devices. Confirm your choice by clicking "Assign".
- In the field "Telephone number/E-mail" enter the person’s e-mail address or telephone number.
> Repeat this step to create further persons.
Now change the name in “Basic configurations” and the telephone number or e-mail address in “Devices”.
STEP 3: CREATING GROUPS
- At the top of the menu navigation, go to Administration > Groups and click "New static group".
- In Basic configurations, enter a unique name for your group.
- Go to the next item in the navigation bar: "Persons". Click "Assign" and select the persons you have previously created.
STEP 4: CREATING MESSAGES
- At the top of the menu navigation, go to Administration > Messages and click "New message".
- In the "Name" field, enter a unique name for the new message, e.g. Fire Main Building.
- Now enter a message text (or various texts) for voice message, SMS, e-mail etc. These messages will be sent in the event of an alarm.
STEP 5: CREATING ALARMS
- At the top of the menu navigation, go to Administration > Alarms and click "New alarm".
- In Basic configuration, enter a name for the alarm.
- Assign the desired "Message" to the alarm. To do this, click "Assign" and double-click to select the message you have created. Click "Assign" to confirm your selection.
- The default confirmation selected in the “Prompt confirmation” tab is "Travel time/Telephone conference".
If you require a different confirmation type, click “Change confirmation”. You can then create a confirmation or assign an existing confirmation.
- Now add "Groups" to your alarm. To do this, click "Assign" and select the group you have previously created.
- You can optionally assign a report device to this alarm in the final step. If you have not yet created a report device, you can do so under Setup -> Report devices.
Go to Operating -> Activation to activate the alarm you have created!