How do I create a static group?
Once created, a static group can be assigned to an alarm.
A FACT24 alarm can only be assigned to groups, not individuals. Because of this, persons to be alerted by a FACT24 alarm must first be assigned to groups as a standard procedure.
Instructions for creating a static group:
To add and manage new groups in FACT24, go to Administration -> Groups in the menu. You can select from various groups.
Click "New static group".
Fig. Steps in creating a static group
- Define the basic settings for your group in "Basic configuration" by completing the fields.
This number is used to identify the group.
Give the group a unique name.
Number of people to be reached (standard: all)
Define the number of persons from this group who must be notified in an alarm.
Define whether persons from this group should be invited to take part in a telephone conference. If a telephone conference is necessary, the alarm in question must be configured as a conference alarm.
Active (default: yes)
If you leave the default Active -> Yes setting in place, in the event of an alarm the group is included in a telephone conference.
- In step 2, you can add persons to the group by clicking "Assign". A dropdown list of persons opens. Select the persons you wish to add, then click "Assign".
- In step 3, click "Assign" to select the alarm you wish to assign to this group. Confirm by clicking "Assign".
- In the fourth and final step, you can add a shift plan.
- To do this, first go to Setup -> Shift times to create a shift plan. If you have already created a shift plan, click “New shift” and assign the shift plan to individual persons in the group for a specific period.
After completing your data modifications, run a data export (icon at top right). Only when data export is completed will your data be available on the alarm servers for use in alarm activation.