Reports in CIM
Access the Situation reports through the Modules menu item.
You can also click on Access latest reports under the header Incident details > in the Incident workspace.
The Situation report module will pop out from the right hand side of the screen.
The list view
The information in the list is presented in columns. The types of information displayed in the List view, the column headers and the order of the columns can vary from installation to installation. Here are the types of information that can be presented in the list, with their default names:
- Date – Date for last report update.
- Level - Shows which roles that can access this report: Strategic, Tactical and/or Operational.
- Title – Report title. If the title is automatically generated, the name of the template that was used when generating the report will be included in the title.
- Author – name of the user who has registered the report, or name of the organization the report has been received from.
- Flag – Reports that are marked with a flag will have a flag replacing the placeholder in the flag column.
- Status – Current status in document flow. Available statuses in menu items using the standard document flow are Draft, Open for comments, Sent to Approver and Approved/Not Approved.
Functions available for each report can be accessed by clicking
- Edit () – Click to edit the report.
- Delete () – Click to delete the report.
- Restore () – Click to restore the deleted report. This button is only available for deleted reports.
To sort the reports in the panel by column values, click the header of the respective column.
The Function bar in the List view contains the following elements:
- New – Click to add a report. For details, see Add a report.
- Search – Click to open the Search bar. For details, see Search.
- Functions () – Point to this button to open a menu containing the following commands:
- Templates – Click to manage templates for the report type used in the menu item you are working with.
- Print – Click to print all reports displayed in the List view.
- Recycle bin/Close recycle bin – Click to toggle between the Recycle bin and the list of reports that are not deleted.
Add new report
Click New on the function bar.
This form can be filled out by Crisis Management roles in the right hand pull in window.
Fill in these attributes for the report:
- Levels: Shows which roles that can access this report. Choose between Strategic, Tactical and Operational. You can toggle multiple choices.
- Template: The default for CIM Starter is the Situation report, but if your CIM Administrator has made more templates they will show up in a drop down list here.
- Status: Decide where in the document flow this report is right now. A Draft is not published to see for other users. Open for comments make the report available for comments from other users in the CIM Crisis Management team until the deadline set in the field which pops up. Choose Send to approver to get someone to read your report and approve it. You can pick which users to inform when you push the Apply or OK button. Choose Approve to approve the report yourself and notify the users you want.
- Number: Choose which version of your report you are documenting. You can never go lower than your last registered report.
- Valid from: The date you wrote the report.
- Click View in the upper right corner to get a list of the approved reports.
The default template has 7 fields to complete a Situation report:
- Overview of the situation
- Executed actions
- Planned actions
- Established Emergency organisations
- Management estimates
- Other relevant information
Press Attachements to add a file from the File Archive or your computer.
Press OK to save the report. This will now be found in the List view.
To change the template or have a new one made for your needs - contact your CIM Administrator.
The Report Detail view
The Function bar in the Detail view displays the report title and the commands that are available to the active user. The report header below the Function bar shows the date of the latest report update.
The Function bar can contain the following elements:
- New comment – This command is available only when the report is open for comments. Click to comment on the report by filling in the text-field and cliking OK.
- Send – In some installations, this button is only available for approved reports. Point to this button, to open a menu containing the following commands:
- Send – Click to send the report as a message.
- Send as attachment (word or PDF) – Click to send the report as an attachment to a message.
- The function button ( contains following actions:
- Edit – Click to edit a report.
- Approve or Decline – These commands are available to authorized users when the report is at a step in the document flow that requires approval or rejection. Approve is the affirmative command for reports in the standard document flow.
- Delete – Click to delete the report.
- Print – Click to print the report.
- Export to Word – Click to export the report to Word.
- Export to PDF - Click to export the report to a PDF-file.
- View history – Click to view the history of the report.
The Detail view can display the following information about the selected report:
- Levels: Displays which levels (the roles for Strategic, Tactical and Operational users) that can access this report.
- Date - Date the report was first made.
- Status – Current status in the document flow (for instance, Open for comments, Sent for approval, or Approved) is available for reports that are not in the Draft status. If the action is related to given users, you will see the names of the invited users (for instance, when a user has approved a report, or an invite to comment on the report is sent to a user).
- Deadline - (Open for comments) or (Sent to approver). If deadline has been set when the report was made, the deadline date will be shown here.
- Chapters – Titles and content of all chapters in the report.
- Author – First name and last name of the user who registered the report, and the date when the report was registered.
- Last change – Date of the latest update of the report, and who made the update.
- Attachments – Links to attachments are displayed on the right side of the Detail view
- Comments – Reports with status Open for comments will display all registered comments to the right in the Detail view. The comments are not available when the report gets a new status, but are available in Edit mode and in the reports history.