Report templates in CIM (en)
To access the templates, go to the situation report module. On the function bar, click and Templates .
The Report templates view displays a list of all templates that are available. Each template has the following details displayed:
- Title – Template title
- Author – name of the user who created the template
- Functions for each report - click to access:
- Export to XML () – Click to export the template to XML format.
- Edit () – Click to edit the template.
- Delete () – Click to delete the template.
- Restore () – Click to restore the template. This button is available for templates in the Recycle bin.
To sort the templates by the values in a specific column, click the respective column header.
The Function bar above the template list has the following commands:
- New : Click this command to add a template.
- Search : Click this command to open the search bar. The search procedure is identical to the search procedure for reports.
- Functions : Point to this button, to open a menu with the following commands:
- Print – Click to print.
- Import template – Click to import a template.
- Recycle bin/Close recycle bin – Click to toggle between the recycle bin and the list of active templates.
To display the details, double-click the desired template. The Detail view of a template works similar to the Detail view for reports.
The Function bar in the Detail view displays the template title, and contain the following elements:
Functions : Point to this button to open a menu with these commands:
- Edit : Click to edit the template.
- Delete : Click to delete the template.
- Print : This command works similar to the command for printing a report.
- View history : Click to view the history of each template version. The history window works in the same way as the history window for reports.
Add a template
- On the Function bar click New.
- Fill out the fields in the dialog box.
- Click OK save the template and close the dialog box. Click Apply to save the template without closing the dialog box.
The dialog box has the following fields:
- Header – Expand this field and use it to create a header, as applicable. This header is displayed only when a report based on this template is exported to Microsoft Word.
- Title/Type (required field) – Enter the template title. If the current report type uses auto-generated report titles, the template title will be included in the title for all reports that use this template.
- Available for – You can restrict the access to the template and make it available only to specific roles when they create reports. To select roles:
- Click the field to open the list of available roles, and select a role from the list.
- Repeat the step, until you have selected all roles to which this template will be available.
- Organisation (scope) - Select organisation(s). The template will then only be available for writing reports about incidents for the selected organisations. By default the unit of the current user is selected. If your scope allows it, you can change the organisations. You can also choose to include the subordinate units by clicking the checkbox.
- Include – This field contains options for the information to be displayed in the report header or details:
- Number – If this checkbox is selected, the Number field will be displayed in the report dialog box. Report number will be included in the report header.
- Valid from (Date) – Select this checkbox, to display the Valid from (Date) in the report dialog box. The date will be included in the report header.
- Chapter no – If this checkbox is selected, chapter numbers will be generated and displayed by the chapter titles in the report.
- Composed by (Organisation) – If this checkbox is selected, the report dialog box will include fields for selecting which organisation has composed the report. The name of the organization will be included in the report title.
- Incident – Select this checkbox, to display the name of the current incident at the top of the report text.
- Flag – If this checkbox is selected, the option to mark reports with a flag will be available in reports that use this template.
- Chapters – This table displays a list of the chapters that are included in the template. Each chapter has a connecting chapter field in the report dialog box. The table contains buttons for creating, editing, deleting and sorting chapters.
- Footer – Expand this field and use it to create a footer, as applicable. The footer will be visible only when a report based on this template is exported to Microsoft Word.
To add a chapter:
- In the template window, click Chapter.
- Fill out the fields in the Chapter dialog box.
- Click OK, to save the chapter.
The chapter dialog box contains the following elements:
- Header – Enter the chapter header name for the report.
- Description – Enter a chapter description, or information about how to use the chapter. This information will be displayed below the chapter header in the report dialog box, but it will not be displayed in the report.
- Type – Select the type of chapter field to be displayed in the report dialog box. You can choose from several text field sizes and Sub-chapters. A chapter that belongs to the Sub-chapter type is displayed as a table in the report text. The template specifies which columns the table will include. Each column must be added as a sub-chapter to the chapter. To add a sub-chapter:
- In the template window, click Chapter.
- Fill out the fields in the Sub-chapter dialog box, and click OK. The fields are identical to the fields in the chapter dialog box.
- Editor type – Select editor type. The editor type you select here determines how many and what formatting options will be available in the input field in the report dialog box:
- None – If this type is selected, only unformatted text, without links, pictures, or tables and similar elements can be added in the field.
- Simple – If this type is selected, several text formatting options (for instance, bold, italic and underlined text, numbered and bulleted lists) for the sub-chapter text are available, and hyperlinks can be included.
- Medium – If this type is selected, several text formatting options (for instance, bold, italic and underlined text, numbered and bulleted lists) for the sub-chapter text are available, hyperlinks can be included, copy and paste text, and HTML editing.
- Advanced – If this type is selected, the complete set of editing and formatting options for the sub-chapter text will be available.
- Content – Write the content to be automatically included in the chapter for reports using the template. The content is displayed in the input field in the report dialog box, and can be edited.
- Combine content from other reports – Select this checkbox, to automatically include content from a specific chapter in other approved reports.