Access reports in CIM
Click on Latest reports which you will find located under the header Incident details >.
The Situation report module will pop out from the right hand side of the screen.
Remember, you will only get access to those reports that are made visible for your level.
The list view
The information in the list is presented in columns. The types of information displayed in the List view, the column headers and the order of the columns can vary from installation to installation. Here are the types of information that can be presented in the list, with their default names:
- Date – Date for last report update.
- Level - Shows which roles that can access this report: Strategic, Tactical and/or Operational.
- Title – Report title. If the title is automatically generated, the name of the template that was used when generating the report will be included in the title.
- Author – name of the user who has registered the report, or name of the organization the report has been received from.
- Flag – Reports that are marked with a flag will have a flag replacing the placeholder in the flag column.
- Status – Current status in document flow. Available statuses in menu items using the standard document flow are Draft, Open for comments, Sent to Approver and Approved/Not Approved.
Functions available for each report can be accessed by clicking
- Edit () – Click to edit the report (if you have the rights to do so).
- Delete () – Click to delete the report.
- Restore () – Click to restore the deleted report. This button is only available for deleted reports.
To sort the reports in the panel by column values, click the header of the respective column.
The Function bar in the List view contains the following elements:
- New – Click to add a report. For details, see Add a report.
- Search – Click to open the Search bar. For details, see Search.
- Functions () – Point to this button to open a menu containing the following commands:
- Templates – Click to manage templates for the report type used in the menu item you are working with.
- Print – Click to print all reports displayed in the List view.
- Recycle bin/Close recycle bin – Click to toggle between the Recycle bin and the list of reports that are not deleted.
Add new report
Click New on the function bar.
This form can be filled out by Crisis Management, Operational and Strategical roles in the right hand pull in window. Staff members can not access this function.
Fill in these attributes for the report:
- Levels: Shows which roles that can access this report. Choose between Strategic, Tactical and Operational. You can toggle multiple choices.
- Template: Select a template which templates,
- Status: Decide where in the document flow this report is right now. A Draft is not published to see for other users. Open for comments make the report available for comments from other users in the CIM Crisis Management team until the deadline set in the field which pops up. Choose Send to approver to get someone to read your report and approve it. You can pick which users to inform when you push the Apply or OK button. Choose Approve to approve the report yourself and notify the users you want.
- Number: Choose which version of your report you are documenting. You can never go lower than your last registered report.
- Click View in the upper right corner to get a list of the approved reports.
The default template has 7 fields to complete a Situation report:
- Overview of the situation
- Executed actions
- Planned actions
- Established Emergency organisations
- Management estimates
- Other relevant information
Press Attachements to add a file from the File Archive or your computer.
Press OK to save the report. This will now be found in the List view.
To change the template or have a new one made for your needs - contact your CIM Administrator.
Manage and add templates
This function is available only to CIM Administrators.
Click in the function menu in the List view and go to Templates .
The user interface in the Templates library is similar to that of the List view in the Report module. Each template has the following details displayed:
- Title – Template title
- Author – name of the user who created the template
Click the header to sort up or down alphabetically.
For each report these functions can be available when you click :
- Edit () – Click to edit the template. For details, see Edit template.
- Export to XML () – Click to export the template to XML format.
- Delete () – Click to delete the template.
- Restore () – Click to restore the template. This button is available for templates in the Recycle bin.
If you are a CIM Administrator, you can add new templates from the function menu:
- New – Click this command to add a template.
- Search – Click this command to open the search bar. The search procedure is identical to the search procedure for reports.
Click above the template list to access the following commands:
- Print – Click to print the selected report.
- Import template – Click to import a template.
- Recycle bin – Click to toggle between the recycle bin and the list of active templates.
Add a template
- On the Function bar in the dialog box for adding templates, click New.
- Fill out the fields in the dialog box.
- Click OK save the template and close the dialog box.
Click Apply to save the template without closing the dialog box.
The dialog box has the following fields:
- Header – Expand this field and use it to create a header, as applicable. This header is displayed only when a report based on this template is exported to Microsoft Word.
- Title/Type (required field) – Enter the template title. If the current report type uses auto-generated report titles, the template title will be included in the title for all reports that use this template.
- Template available for – You can restrict the access to the template and make it available only to specific organizations when they create reports. Click the field to open the list of available organizations and click on one to choose it. Repeat the step, until you have selected all organizations to which this template will be available.
- Include – This field contains options for the information to be displayed in the report header or details:
- Number – If this checkbox is selected, the Number field will be displayed in the report dialog box. Report number will be included in the report header.
- Valid from (Date) – Select this checkbox, to display the Valid from (Date) in the report dialog box. The date will be included in the report header.
- Chapter no – If this checkbox is selected, chapter numbers will be generated and displayed by the chapter titles in the report.
- Composed by (Organisation) – If this checkbox is selected, the report dialog box will include fields for selecting which organisation has composed the report. The name of the organization will be included in the report title.
- Incident – Select this checkbox to display the name of the current incident name at the top of the report text.
- Flag – If this checkbox is selected, the option to mark reports with a flag will be available in reports that use this template.
- Chapters – This table displays a list of the chapters that are included in the template. Each chapter has a connecting chapter field in the report dialog box. The table contains buttons for creating, editing, deleting and sorting chapters.
- Footer – Expand this field and use it to create a footer, as applicable. The footer will be visible only when a report based on this template is exported to Microsoft Word.
Add template chapters
- In the template window, click Chapter.
- Fill out the fields in the Chapter dialog box.
- Click OK, to save the chapter.
The chapter dialog box contains the following elements:
- Header – Enter the chapter header for the report.
- Description – Enter a chapter description, or information about how to use the chapter. This information will be displayed below the chapter header in the report dialog box, but it will not be displayed in the report.
- Type – Select the type of chapter field to be displayed in the report dialog box. You can choose from several text sizes and Sub-chapters. A chapter that belongs to the Sub-chapter type is displayed as a table in the report text. The template specifies which columns the table will include. Each column must be added as a sub-chapter to the chapter. To add a sub-chapter, in the template window under Type, choose click Sub Chapter and click Chapter in the window below. Fill out the fields in the Sub-chapter dialog box, and click OK. The fields are identical to the fields in the chapter dialog box.
- Editor type – Select editor type. The editor type you select here determines how many and what formatting options will be available in the input field in the report dialog box.
- None – If this type is selected, only unformatted text, without links, pictures, or tables and similar elements can be added in the field.
- Simple – If this type is selected, several text formatting options (for instance, bold, italic and underlined text, numbered and bulleted lists) for the sub-chapter text are available, and hyperlinks can be included.
- Medium – If this type is selected, several text formatting options (for instance, bold, italic and underlined text, numbered and bulleted lists) for the sub-chapter text are available, hyperlinks can be included, copy and paste text, and HTML editing.
- Advanced – If this type is selected, the complete set of editing and formatting options for the sub-chapter text will be available.
- Content – Write the content to be automatically included in the chapter for reports using the template. The content is displayed in the input field in the report dialog box, and can be edited.
- Combine content from other reports – Select this checkbox, to automatically include content from a specific chapter in other approved reports. When this checkbox is selected, the Chapter no field is displayed. Type a number that corresponds an existing chapter number. For instance, if you type 1, new reports that use this template can compile content from chapter 1 in existing, approved reports.
The Report Detail view
The Function bar in the Detail view displays the report title and the commands that are available to the active user. The report header below the Function bar shows the date of the latest report update.
The Function bar can contain the following elements:
- New comment – This command is available only when the report is open for comments. Click to comment on the report by filling in the text-field and cliking OK.
- Send – Point to this button, to open a menu containing the following commands:
- Send – Click to send the report as a message.
- Send as attachment (word or PDF) – Click to send the report as an attachment to a message.
- The function button ( contains following actions:
- Edit – Click to edit a report.
- Approve or Decline – These commands are available to authorized users when the report is at a step in the document flow that requires approval or rejection. Approve is the affirmative command for reports in the standard document flow.
- Delete – Click to delete the report.
- Print – Click to print the report.
- Export to Word – Click to export the report to Word.
- Export to PDF - Click to export the report to a PDF-file.
- View history – Click to view the history of the report.
The Detail view can display the following information about the selected report:
- Date - Date the report was first made.
- Status – Current status in the document flow (for instance, Open for comments, Sent for approval, or Approved) is available for reports that are not in the Draft status. If the action is related to given users, you will see the names of the invited users (for instance, when a user has approved a report, or an invite to comment on the report is sent to a user).
- Deadline - (Open for comments) or (Sent to approver). If deadline has been set when the report was made, the deadline date will be shown here.
- Chapters – Titles and content of all chapters in the report.
- Author – First name and last name of the user who registered the report, and the date when the report was registered.
- Last change – Date of the latest update of the report, and who made the update.
- Attachments – Links to attachments are displayed on the right side of the Detail view
- Comments – Reports with status Open for comments will display all registered comments to the right in the Detail view. The comments are not available when the report gets a new status, but are available in Edit mode and in the reports history.