Action Cards in CIM
The Action cards module can be accessed in the Incident Workspace by clicking on Action cards>.
In the Incident Workspace window, down to the left, there is a quick view of the phase tags and the active action cards available for the current incident.
NB: Read more about the functions of phases and actions cards and the viewing of them in the section about the full module below!
Functions from the quick view:
- Search : Searches through all actions cards and their information texts.
- New action : Adds a new action to the active action card, which is indicated by the dark blue background color. Inactive actions cards are light gray.
The full module
Click the header Action Cards> to enter the module with full functionality.
The function bar at the top consist of the following elements:
Name: The name or title of the menu item
Full-screen : Click to open the action cards menu item in full screen mode.
Refresh page : Click to refresh the working pane and reload the action cards list.
Functions : Point to this button to display a menu containing the following functions:
- Library : Click to open the Action cards library window. This button is only available if you have the admin or manager role.
- Task manager : Opens up the Task manager module. Only available for admin and manager roles.
- Print : Click to print the action cards that are currently displayed in the Action cards list.
- Export to Word : Click to export to a Microsoft Word file the action cards available in the Action cards list of the current incident.
- Sort : Click to change the order of the action cards displayed in the Action cards list. This button is only available if you have the Write user right
- Recycle bin : Click to view the action cards that have been deleted from the current incident
Add new action
A new window will pop out from the right if you click from the quick view in the Incident Workspace menu item.. You can also access this from the Action Cards module by clicking at the top right corner of the List view of the actions.
Fill in these fields to add a new action to the active action card. These changes will only be added to the action card for the active incident:
- Action: Write the name of the action (required field).
- Description: Write a description of the action. The Function bar in this field contains functions for formatting the text.
- Responsible: Write the name of the person, department or business unit that will be responsible for executing the action. The text written in this field is for informational purposes, only, and is a free text field.
- Deadline: Set a time and date for when the deadline for this action will be.
- Assign as task: The new action can be sent as a task to someone. Choose between these three tabs and categories of receivers:
- User: Type the name in the search field and choose it from the dropdown or select user(s) from the User list by clicking from the right side of the box.
- Contact: Type the name in the search field and choose it from the dropdown or select contact(s) from the Contacts module by clicking from the right side of the box.
- E-mail: Type the e-mail to the receiver.
- Priority: Set priority for the receivers to see in their own private task-list.
- Send notification: Checkbox to confirm you want to send a message to the user/contact that has been assigned to the action as a task.
- Send as: Choose to send the notification as E-mail or SMS.
- Click OK to save the action.
To add comments and edit the action further, go to the detailed view of the Action Cards module and click for the action element you want to change.
All attributes can be edited the same way as explained when adding an action. In addition you can choose to move the action from one Action card to another. This can be done under the tab Move in the edit window of the action (access this by clinking on the desired action in the List view of the actions for the relevant Action card.
Click on the phase tags-buttons in the list view and quick view to sort action cards by each category. The search is active when the button turns blue. You can select several categories. The relevant actions cards will be shown horizontally. Click on the action card to show more details. This will give you a list view of all the actions that are connected to the selected Action card.
The default phase tags are:
- Monitoring: If there are certain incidents that are likely to occur, you can monitor happenings and news here at an early stage.
- Mobilization: View Action cards for what to do to mobilize at an early stage of the incident. Often before the incident have occured, so your staff has an overview of what to do.
- Handling: View Actions cards for when the incident is running and ongoing. These are the actions you take to handle the situation in real time.
- Normalization: View Actions to take when the incident changes and can be defined as over the top.
- Evaluation: When the incident is over, you can click this tag to view actions taken for evaluation and learning from the incident.
- Other: View Action cards that are not connected to any phase.
Action cards interface
At the top you get an overview of the number of active Action cards for this specific incident, connected actions and current status for these. If you click on a phase tag, the numbers will be updated to only show the status for that phase. You can click on one or more phase tags at the same time.
Each action card comes with a set of information. The current active Action card is colored dark grey.
- Title: Name of the action card as given by administrator
- Phase tag: In the upper left corner of the card you can see which phase it belongs to.
- Actions executed: In the lower right corner you can see how many of the actions connected to that card that have been executed.
- Functions : Use mouse over on this and click Delete action card to delete it from this incident. It will still be available in the Action card Library, which can be accessed by the CIM Administrator.
- Level: Down in the left corner you can see which levels (Strategic/Tactical/Operational) this action card is visible for.
There are two ways to display the List view of the actions connected to the selected Action card:
- Carousel view : Opens the action list in the same window, below the Action card row.
- Grid view : Opens the details and action list in a pop out window from the right.
The List view
The different actions for the selected action card is presented in columns:
If checked this action has been executed. If not, there is still tasks to complete. If is here instead of a checkbox, this action is a message that still got status Not sent. This will turn into a checkbox when completed.
The title of the action. Click the name to get more detailed information in the list view.
Responsible / Assigned to
The responsible for the action is the one who has the main responsibility for the task to be executed. The responsible has the rights to assign the task to another user. This will be displayed under the header Assigned to.
The deadline in time and date set by the one who added the action. This will be displayed in red if it has gone beyond the set deadline.
The current status of the action. Not executed, started, executed and Not relevant is the options that can be displayed here.
Click this icon to enter the edit mode of the action. Write your comment in the empty text field and click OK to save it. This comment will be logged in a list in the Status tab in the edit window.
Click to get to the functions menu for the selected action. Click on the desired function to enter the edit mode of the action. A new window will pop out from the right. Choose between: Change status, Edit, Delete, Assign as Task and Move. You will be sent directly to the tab that controls your desired action. For messages in the list view, you can Send message or Change status