About Start Page in CIM
About Start Page
Start Page gives you an overview over all incidents available to the current user. Here you can also access the Incident Statistics.
By default you get an overview of all active incidents under the Start Page-tab: To the left you get the list and detail view of each incident and to the right you get a map over the location of all incidents.
Incidents is the workspace displayed when you enter the Start Page menu item.
The list view
The List view to the left displays all the incidents available to the active user. The current incident is marked with with bold font. The information and elements in the incident list is presented in columns.
To sort the incident list according to the values in a particular column, click the respective column header. Click the column header repeatedly to alternate between ascending and descending order.
To display incident details, click respective incident to display its details in the Detail view window below the list. Or double-click the incident to display its details in a slide in window to the right.
The following types of information is presented in the list:
Icons indicating different incident properties or statuses: : The incident is selected as current incident. : Access control has been set, so that only certain roles can see and work with the incident. : The incident has been updated after it was registered. Point to the icon to display the date and time of the last update. : There are one or more attachments to the incident. Point to the icon to see the number of attachments.
Date and time when the incident was reported.
Shows when someone last worked on this incident.
The ID-number for the incident. The higher number the more recent is the incident registered.
The subject or name of the incident.
Name and icon (if available) of the current incident potential. If a description is available, it will be displayed when you point to the potential name.
Shows which location this incident has.
Click the header of each column to sort the list based on these attributes.
Click to open the dialog box for registering an incident.
Click to open the Search bar.
To view more options go to . Choose your action:
class="field-left">Work with this incident
Click activate this incident.
Click to edit the incident. This button is only available for active incidents in the list view under for each incident.
Click to close the incident. This button is only available for active incidents in the list view under for each incident.
Click to delete the incident. This button is only available for closed incidents.
Click to restore the incident. This button is only available for deleted incidents.
The Function bar in the List view can contain the following elements:
Show the map
Click to get an overview of all the active incidents plotted into a world map. Click the marked destination in the map to see the title of the selected incident.
Export to Excel
Click to export to Excel the list of all incidents currently displayed in the List view.
View closed / View open
These two functions are for toggling between the lists of active incidents and closed incidents. Only available for crisis manager.
Click to open the dialog box for Incidents Administration. This function is available only if you have the administrator role.
Register new incident
- Click New on the Function bar in the List view or in the dialog box Switch incident on the system bar, click Register new incident.
- In the dialog box that opens, fill out the fields and select settings for the incident.
- Incident type (required field) – Click or select the checkbox for the one or more incident types
- Incident potential (required field) – Click to select incident potential (severity) for the incident.
The dialog box for registering an incident can contain the following elements:
Write the name of the person or organisation that reported the incident. This field has the function Automatic text complete. This field can be turned off in the module settings.
Select the date and time when the incident was reported. By default, the current date and time are selected. To select another date and/or time, click the field or the Date picker button (), and in the calendar window that opens, select a date and time and click OK to insert selected date and time and to close the calendar window.
Required field. Write the incident subject or title.
By default, the default time zone for the installation (System time zone) is selected. You can select another time zone from the dropdown list.
Write a brief description. This fields has function for text formatting and for including links or images in the text. This field can be turned off in the module settings. If the installation is configured with a default description, it will be displayed in the Description field. You can edit or replace the default description.
Select a phase from the dropdown list. The values available are system default. These can be changed by the CIM Administrator role.
The default phase tags are:
Choose which type of incident you are registering. Examples on which types of incident types your enterprise could use:
Incident types can be added, deleted and edited by the role CIM Administrator. An incident can have several types. The incident types you select will determine what action cards will be automatically available for handling the incident.
Select an incident potential from the list. Examples on incident potentials your enterprise could use:
Incident potentials can be added, deleted and edited by the role CIM Administrator.
Required field. Select what parts of the enterprise the incident applies to. By default, your organization is pre-selected. If your incidents scope allows it, can change the selection.
Click Add attachment () to add an attachment (for example, a document or an image).
Edit the incident map
You can edit the incident map in the incident form, when registering or editing an incident. When in Edit mode, you can zoom, pan, and search for coordinates in the map. You can also edit the default map layers, and to place markers, drawings and texts.
If you are editing the incident map from the incident form, you can use full screen mode to expand the map, so that it fills the whole form. To toggle full screen mode click the Full screen button in the lower right corner of the map. If you are editing the map in full screen mode, remember to switch off full screen mode before closing the form, otherwise you will lose unsaved information that you added to the form, before you started editing the map.
Add markers, drawings and texts
Before you start adding markers, drawings and texts to the incident map, you have to mark the main location of the incident. Therefore, at first only the Draw a marker button is enabled among the drawing tools displayed to the left on the map.
- To place a marker at the main location of the incident, click Draw a marker, then click on the location where you want to place the marker. The location of the main marker is the only information about this incident, that will be displayed on a map showing several active incidents. After the main marker is added, the remaining drawing tools are enabled.
The procedure for adding other markers is the same as for adding the main marker. The only difference is that you can add several of each of the other marker types, but you can only add one main marker.
- To change color before adding a shape, click the color picker () and select a color. Then click the drawing tool you want to use, and draw the shape. You cannot change the color of a shape after you have started drawing. If you want to change the color of a shape, you have to delete the shape, select the desired color, and then redraw the shape.
- To draw a simple or complex line:
- Click Draw one or more lines, then click on the map to mark the first point of the line.
- Continue clicking on new locations to add new points to the line. While you are drawing, you can reverse your actions, one point at a time, by clicking the Delete last point button, next to the tool for drawing lines
- To end the line, click again on the last point.
- To draw a circle: : Click the circle-icon, then click where you want the center of the circle to be situated. Continue holding down the mouse button, and drag outwards, until the circle has the desired size. While you are adjusting the size, the circle radius is displayed in a speech bubble next to the circle.
- To draw a rectangle: Click the rectangle-icon, then click where you want one of the corners of the rectangle to be situated. Continue holding down the mouse button, and drag the opposite corner, until the rectangle has the desired size and proportions.
- To add a custom shape: Click the shape-icon, then click on the map to mark the first point of the shape. Continue clicking on new locations to add new points to the shape. While you are drawing, you can reverse your actions, one point at a time, by clicking the Delete last point button. To close the shape, click again on the first point.
- To add a text to a marker or a shape, or to edit the text:
- Click the marker or shape. This will open the text that is currently associated with the marker or shape.
- Click the Edit button in the speech bubble, and type some text, or edit/delete the text already in the text box.
- To save the changes, click the Close button in the speech bubble, or click outside of the speech bubble.